Forklifts play a significant role in factory operation. It is commonly used to perform heavy-duty tasks such as carrying and transferring heavy materials. However, not all companies have their machine. It is especially true for startups that can’t afford to own one yet. As a solution, they rent forklifts instead.
On the one hand, it is critical to know first what type of equipment the company needs before renting one. It is to ensure that the forklift is appropriate for the task since they all have different variations and usage.
Six Types of Forklifts
There are several kinds of forklifts for hire available in the market today. And each of it offers different usage and unique capabilities. To better understand, here are the common types of forklifts that companies usually use in their operations:
- Electric Rider Forklifts. Electric Rider Forklift has two kinds: the sit-down rider and stand-up configurations. The main difference between the two is that the sit-down rider is more comfortable to use, while the stand-up configurations are better to ride on when the operator gets on and off while using the truck.
- Narrow Aisle Forklifts. This equipment is advisable to use for warehouses with spaces under ten feet. This type of forklift is safer to use as well as. It is because they can lessen the damage in property inside the workplace.
- Motorised Hand Forklifts. This type of forklifts is commonly operated in walking or stand up position. It only lifts pallets but just for a few inches off the ground. Motorised Hand Forklifts can also be arranged with work-saver forks. Its size ranges from four to five inches wide and forty-two inches long.
- Sit-down Rider Forklifts with Internal Combustion Engines (ICE). This type of heavy-duty equipment uses two types of tires: ICE Cushion Tires which is for indoor concrete surfaces, and ICE Pneumatic Tires for outdoor use. On the other hand, the ICE Cushion Tires is also applicable to use indoors but in uneven flooring. Moreover, ICE forklifts are compatible with fuels such as LP GAS, Diesel, Gasoline, and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
- Vertical Masted Rough Terrain Forklifts. As what its name suggests, this kind of forklift is excellent in rough and uneven muddy surfaces. Its tire is a large high flotation tractor type drive wheels. They are specially made for those types of floorings and surfaces.
Before renting a forklift, numerous aspects need to take into consideration first. It is necessary to accomplish a task as well as to finish the job right. Furthermore, it is essential to know the different kinds of forklifts and their usage so choosing will not be that difficult. The six types of forklifts discussed above are the most commonly used and rented for job operation. Each of it has different usage, place to operate, and task to perform. Nevertheless, they are vital in accomplishing important and heavy-duty jobs.