The habit of saving itself is an education, it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind. – T.T Munger
The habit of saving is undoubtedly a virtue as it trains you in putting aside some of your hard-earned money for the rainy day that can befall upon you unexpectedly.
Read on to learn how Star Health Insurance can help save your money.
Star Health and Allied Insurance Co. Ltd. commenced its operations in 2006 and is ranked amongst India’s top health insurers and ranks best in claim settlements processes and other related claims services, and is generally a laudable initiative.
Highlights of Star Health Insurance Plans
- It has its 400+ branches sprawled across India
- It offers direct claim settlements without a third party meddling in between
- Policyholders can avail cashless hospitalization and reimbursement facility in any of its 8400+ hospitals within India
- The company offers quick and hassle-free insurance claim settlements
- There is a personalized doctor visit facility for all customers who get hospitalized
- No co-pay, but 20% of the claim will have to be settled by the insured if they are between 61- 65 years of age
- Plans are renewable lifelong and provides cover for a lifetime
- Any pre-existing diseases will have a waiting period of 4 years
- Room rent is 2% of the sum insured
Types of Star Health Insurance Plans
There are two basic types of Star Health Insurance plans – Individual plans and Family Floater plans. The only difference between these plans is that while the former provides facilities for an individual, the latter provides the same facilities for a family.
These plans can be further subdivided into some other plans, viz;
- Star Family Health Optima Insurance
- It provides cover for the individual as well as family, and any individual aged 18-65 years can apply for it.
- The facility of auto-recharge is available i.e. the policy can be recharged upto 100% 3 times in a policy year without any additional costs.
- Also provides a health cover for new born baby from 16th day.
- Cover for day care procedures.
- The policy is available on floater basis and the sum insured is shared between people insured under it.
- Star Seniors Red Carpet Insurance
- Any individual aged between 60-75 years can opt for this policy.
- It does not require a pre policy screening.
- Provides coverage against complete hospitalization expenses viz; nursing fee, room rent, anaesthetics, medication etc.
- Provides coverage against pre-existing diseases after a waiting period of 12 months.
- Provides cover for specific day care procedures and transportation upto a certain extent.
- Reimbursements paid as lump sum amounts.
- Star Comprehensive Insurance
- Any person aged between 18-65 years of age can buy this form of insurance plan.
- Provides mediclaim for the entire family and is issued on a floater basis
- It covers expenses in the event of personal accidents leading to permanent disabilities without additional payments
- Provides health insurance for new borns and maternity benefits as well
- Sum insured increases by 50% up to maximum 100% during claim free years
- Star Mediclassic Health Insurance
- Eligibility – 5 months to 65 years
- Auto restoration available by 200% of the sum assured.
- Extended in the form of hospital cash facility and provides free health checkups up to Rs.5,000/- for every block of 4 claim free years.
- No claim bonus of 5% for every claim free year up to 25%.
- Star Health Gain Insurance
- Eligibility: 91 days to 65 years.
- Provides coverage for both inpatient and outpatient treatments.
- Fixed premium for all.
- Star Super Surplus Insurance
- Eligibility: 18 to 65 years of age.
- Top-up policy providing higher sum insured at an affordable price.
- No pre-policy medical check-up required.
- Company provides coverage for pre-existing diseases subject to completion of 36 months of regular insurance cover.
- Star Unique Health Insurance
- Eligibility – 18-65 years of age
- No pre-policy medical check required
- Expenses borne for pre and post-hospitalization by the company
- Lifetime renewal scheme available
- Pre-Existing Disease/ Condition covered after 11 months waiting period up to the limits specified.
- Star Diabetes Safe Insurance
- Any person between 18years and 65 years, who is already living with Diabetes
- Provides cover for regular hospitalisation expenses and expenses connected to diabetes both type 1 and type 2 and its complications
- Auto-restoration upto 100% if exhausted
- Star Cardiac Care Health Insurance
- Eligibility: 10 years to 65 years
- Intended for people already suffering with heart related conditions for the first time
- Covers for heart ailments, post 90 day completion of the policy issuance date
- Two modes – Silver and Gold plan
- Star Wedding Gift Insurance
- floater plan for couples between the age of 18-40 years
- Provides coverage for newborn babies and delivery expenses
- Coverage offered for pre and post hospitalisation expenses
- Coverage for specific daycare procedures
- Star Care Micro Health Insurance
- Eligibility – 18 to 65 years
- This scheme is intended for people residing in Tier 1 and Tier 2 places
- Offers affordable healthcare solutions to people
12) Star Net Plus Health Insurance
- Governmental agencies, NGOs and registered societies serving persons diagnosed as HIV positive can propose their members/beneficiaries for this insurance.
- It is an insurance scheme for HIV+ patients
13) Student Care
- Eligibility: 3 -18 years (School) 15-25 years (College)
- Schools, Colleges and other Research institutions can avail the policy
- Provides cover against death and disability in students, hospitalization expenses borne by students
14) Star Care Health Insurance
- Eligibility: 18-65 years
- Provides an individual as well as a family cover
- Available in both Tier1 and Tier 2 cities
15) Star Criticare Plus Health Insurance
- Eligibility: 18-65 years
- Protection policy against 9 critical illnesses and added benefits
- Critical illness policy covers in patient hospitalisation expenses
- Issued to an individual
16) Star Family Delite Health Insurance
- Eligibility: 5 months to 65 years
- Covers both pre-and post-hospitalisation expenses
- Cover for certain day care procedures and in patient hospitalisations
- Coverage for specified diseases
Why Should You Buy From Star Health Insurance
Apart from being extremely reliable and reputed, following are the reasons why one must opt for a Star Health Insurance Policy:
- It is quite old in the insurance market, 12 years old to be precise, as it commenced operations in 2006.
- It has a thorough and strong network of over 8400+ hospitals sprawled across India. So, you will never run short of hospitals to be treated from.
- The plans are relatively cheaper against the competition.
- Plans if bought online, are quite cheap themselves compared to their offline versions
The aforementioned reasons make buying Star Health Insurance a definite choice. With a solid reputation in the market, expansive network of hospital, flexible age limits and individual plans curated especially for individual, there is no point in resisting a Star Health Insurance policy. So don’t wait, go buy one!